North Delta is host to many spectacular events and festivals that are held throughout the year.
- Cat Fanciers of BC hosts The Lucky Black Cat Affair, a semi-annual champion and household cat show held over three days in mid-March. They also have a two day event in mid-August. Both events raise money for local cat rescue organizations.
- North Delta Winter Market is held every Sunday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. It features fresh and local food, baked goods, artisans, food trucks and chefs.
- Earth Day
- To help celebrate Earth Day, each year Watershed Park invites residents to help release 25,000 young salmon to replenish fish stock, plant streamside vegetation and take part in environmental seminars and crafts. This event is vital to the sustainability of the environment of North Delta.
- North Delta hosts an annual Earth Day photo contest through Facebook, as well as a 60+ Earth Hour to help raise awareness about reducing usage within the community. The event is held from 8:30-9:30 p.m.
- At the end of April, the Sungod Recreation Centre hosts the Delta Trades and Technical Career Fair. There are over 75 exhibits covering a wide array of industries, from culinary to esthetics to police work to aviation.
- North Delta Spring Clean-up spans two days to help beautify the community.
- Annual Delta Triathlon, a sprint race for adults and children alike.
- Watershed Creek Fish Release: help release salmon fry to replenish the stock in Watershed Creek. Conservation talks, crafts and activities, and native vegetation planting is available.
- Watershed Park Birding & Nature Walk with the Delta Naturalists’ Society in April.
- Pro D Day Activities at the various rec centres to enjoy on your day off. How about swimming or building a Lego creation?
- Three Worlds Concert at Firehall Centre for the Arts.
- Breakfast with the Easter Bunny and egg hunt.
- Free Sustainable Gardening Workshops throughout the month.
- Various Free Sustainable Gardening Workshops are held at Firehall Farmers Market every second Sunday in May.
- North Delta Family Day is held in late June at North Delta Community Park. Games, rides, food and even a parade await you! Salmon and chicken barbeque will be available.
- Canada Day is celebrated at Chalmers Park every July 1st from 4:30-10:30 p.m. There are free games and activities for the kids, food and cake to partake in and a magical fireworks display starting at 10 p.m.
- Tour de Delta is three days of competitive cycling along with family activities and
- The Boundary Bay Airshow in July is at the Boundary Bay Airport. See aerial shows, aircraft displays, participate in activities and grab something to eat from the many vendors. It is an all-ages show for free.
- Starry Night is held in August at Deas Island Regional Park and features lantern-lit trails, discovery stations and drumming.
- Show and Shine is the annual classics and vintage car show at Sungod Recreation Centre.
- The Annual Animal Expo features a family friendly atmosphere of exotic animals, pet adoption, educational talks about animal safety and a collection of pet organizations and welfare exhibits.
- The Luminary Festival features a Parade of Lights, a concert at night, multiple food vendors and activities and entertainment for all ages. It is held at Sunstone Park.
All Year Long
- North Delta offers a multitude of training programs throughout the year for your pooch! Leash training, learning commands and tricks and bite prevention are just some of what is offered for free to you and your canine companion.