Who doesn’t love fresh, locally grown and made food? North Delta offers the North Delta Farmers Market and North Delta Winter Market. These events display a cornucopia of fresh produce, vegetables, herbs, mushrooms, baked goods, crafts and other goods from local businesses within British Columbia.
North Delta Farmers Market
Held every Sunday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Sunbury Hall, the North Delta Farmers Market partners with the community to bring you food trucks, vendors, food and local business. Partners include the Municipality of Delta, Firehall Farmers Market, the North Delta Recreation Centre and Sunbury Hall.
- What’s At the Market is an online community that provides a comprehensive vendor listing and product guide for the many farmers’ markets in British Columbia.
- What’s At the Market even has their very own Pinterest page!
- The site links to the various vendors and products available at each market.
The site allows you to search by market according to town, vendor and/or product.
- North Delta Farmers Market Facebook Page is updated regularly for viewers to catch up on what’s happening any given weekend.
- Special events like the Kahoutek Brownie troop sponsoring a used book sale.
- A listing of which vendors that will be available.
- Recipes for all the yummy freshness you bought at the Market.
- Reviews by bloggers.
- Features of vendors and products.
- Photos of all the excitement.
- Be sure to check their page frequently!
- North Delta Winter Market is part of the North Delta Farmers Market. This website provides the dates and times of the winter market.
- Delta Firehall Arts Centre, run by the Delta Art Council, is a volunteer service organization that promotes art and culture in the Delta community. Along with North Delta and other Delta communities they help put on concerts, readings, plays and variety shows. They also offer pottery, painting and theatre classes. They host the Firehall Farmers Market as part of the North Delta Farmers Market.
Food Vendors include:
- Big Fruit offers both food and education about it. They grow and sell a wide variety of BC grown apples, cherries, and peaches.
- Your Wildest Food offers mushrooms, fresh herbs, fiddleheads and even wild nettle!
- The Salt Dispensary
- Lea Lake Farm & Snow Farm Certified Organic
- Rockweld Farms
- Albert’s Jamz
- Chef T- Asian fusion wraps and gluten free
- Whipped Baked Goods and Confectionary
- Hello Friends Bakery — vegan, sugar & gluten free
- Sweet Thea at the Market
- George’s Authentic Bakery
- Gesundheit Bakery
- Old Country Pierogi
- The Jerky Baron
- Original Mexican Gourmet
- Coconama Chocolate
- The Green Sprout House
- Simply Delish Soup & Salad
Food Trucks include:
- REEL Mac and Cheese
- Super Thai Food
- Meat 2 Eat
- Slavic Rolls- crispy pastries made to order
- Biscotti Joe
- Ray’s Pottery — handmade pottery
- Hearts & Beads Jewellery
- Whispering Stones
- Impulse Chiropractic Massage
- Epicure Selections
- Dave Rocks — stones and jewellery